Thursday 18 December 2014

Adverb clause exercise

Combine each set of simple sentence into one complex sentence containing an adverb clause.

Notes
A simple sentence contains one main clause. A complex sentence contains one main clause and one or more subordinate clauses.

1. I waited for my friend. I waited till he arrived.
2. He hid somewhere. His pursuers could not find him.
3. You are intelligent. I am intelligent.
4. He was not there. I left a message with his mother.
5. We wish to live. We eat for that purpose.
6. She was very tired. She could barely stand.
7. Don’t eat too much. You may fall ill.
8. He started early. He finished late.
9. You must tell me everything. Otherwise I will not be able to help you.
10. I will get ready. Do not go till then.







































Answers

1. I waited for my friend until he arrived.
2. He hid where his pursuers could not find him.
3. I am as intelligent as you are.
4. As he was not there, I left a message with his mother.
5. We eat that we may live.
6. She was so tired that she could barely stand.
7. If you eat too much, you may fall ill.
8. Though he started early, he finished late.
9. If you do not tell me everything, I will not be able to help you.
10. Do not go until I get ready.

1 comment:

Nicki Minaz said...

Effective article.I really appreciate you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips really helps me.Your enthusiasm for the topic English Grammar helps energize your discussion.Your word choice is creative and captures the reader's interest. You've done a lot of work on this and it shows. All the best.