Tuesday 16 December 2014

Personal pronouns exercise

Fill in the blanks with suitable pronouns.

1. John and Peter are brothers. I know ………………………. very well and my father likes ………………….. very much.
2. This book has many interesting pictures and stories. I like ………………………… very much.
3. The woman gave sweets to the children, but ……………………………. did not thank ……………………
4. The teacher said, ‘John, you’re a naughty boy. ……………………. don’t obey …………………………’
5. The boys were late so the teacher scolded …………………………..
6. We have a good teacher. ………………………… advised ……………………….. to work harder.
7. My father told my mother, ‘I want ……………………….. to take these jewels and put …………………….. in a box. When …………………………. have done that come and see ………………………… and ……………………….. will tell ………………………………….. why ………………………. don’t want ………………………….. to keep …………………….. in that box.




























Answers
1. John and Peter are brothers. I know them very well and my father likes them very much.
2. This book has many interesting pictures and stories. I like it very much.
3. The woman gave sweets to the children, but they did not thank her.
4. The teacher said, ‘John, you’re a naughty boy. You don’t obey me.
5. The boys were late so the teacher scolded them.
6. We have a good teacher. He / she advised us to work harder.
7. My father told my mother, ‘I want you to take these jewels and put them in a box. When you have done that come and see me and will tell you why don’t want you to keep them in that box.

No comments: