Thursday 18 December 2014

Join with a conjunction

Combine each of the following pairs of sentences into a complex sentence, using an appropriate conjunction.

An example is given below.

  • We shall hire a taxi. We will probably miss the bus.
  • If we miss the bus we shall hire a taxi.

Exercise

1. Many members have expressed concerns regarding the viability of the project. What will happen to it?
2. My child falls ill. There may be a slight change in the weather.
3. You don’t have to wait. You may be in a hurry.
4. I will buy the car. They have to reduce their asking price.
5. There may be an emergency. Ring 100.
6. The bank will make the loan. We should pledge our jewels.
7. I may not be able to sleep. I take the tablet.
8. I don’t care what job you do. You have to be happy.
9. She read the telegram. She started crying.
10. You can go out to play. You have to finish your homework first.






































Answers

1. Now that many members have expressed concerns regarding the viability of the project, what will happen to it?
2. My child falls ill whenever there is a slight change in the weather.
3. You don’t have to wait if you are in a hurry.
4. I will buy the car if they reduce their asking price.
5. In case there is an emergency, ring 100.
6. The bank will make the loan provided that we pledge our jewels.
7. If I am not able to sleep, I take the tablet.
8. I don’t care what job you do as long as you are happy.
9. As soon as she read the telegram, she started crying.
10. You can go out to play provided that you finish your homework first.

No comments: