Tuesday 9 December 2014

EMAIL SKILLS



Picture1. Subject Line

Always have a subject line that summarises briefly and clearly the contents of the message. for example, Re: Summary of Our Meeting with ABC Suppliers

2. Short and Simple Sentences...

3. Think of who your reader is going to be

Informal – Thanks for the email of 15 February

Formal – Thank you for your email received 15 February

Informal – Sorry, I can’t make it.

Formal – I am afraid I will not be able to attend

4. Be very careful of capital letters, punctuation, spelling and basic grammar

5. Think about how direct or indirect you want to be

Consider these:

Direct – I need this in half an hour.

Indirect and polite – Would it be possible to have this in half an hour?

Direct – There will be a delay

Indirect – I’m afraid there will be a slight delay.

6. Be positive!

Look at these words: helpful, good question, agreed, together, useful, I’d be delighted, mutual, opportunity.

7. Get feedback

Use Grammar Checkers to proofread your writing instantly. 1. Subject Line Always have a subject line that summarises briefly and clearly the contents of the message. for example, Re: Summary of Our Meeting with ABC Suppliers 2. Short and Simple Sentences... 3. Think of who your reader is going to be Informal – Thanks for the email of 15 February Formal – Thank you for your email received 15 February Informal – Sorry, I can’t make it. Formal – I am afraid I will not be able to attend 4. Be very careful of capital letters, punctuation, spelling and basic grammar 5. Think about how direct or indirect you want to be Consider these: Direct – I need this in half an hour. Indirect and polite – Would it be possible to have this in half an hour? Direct – There will be a delay Indirect – I’m afraid there will be a slight delay. 6. Be positive! Look at these words: helpful, good question, agreed, together, useful, I’d be delighted, mutual, opportunity. 7. Get feedback Use Grammar Checkers to proofread your writing instantly

No comments: